This is a reminder regarding the LEAP 2015 Public Review: Environmental assessment tools and data in support of decision making for transition to more sustainable feed and livestock supply chains.
It is with great pleasure that the Livestock Environmental Assessment and Performance (LEAP) Partnership has recently released for public review the following three technical guidance documents:
- Environmental Performance of Large Ruminant Supply Chains: Draft guidelines for Assessment
- Draft Principles for the Assessment of Livestock Impacts on Biodiversity
- Developing Sound Tools for Transition to Sustainable Food and Agriculture. LEAP Partnership Life Cycle Assessment Guidelines on Livestock supply chains: Draft Methodological Notes
In addition, the Global database of greenhouse gas emissions related to Feed crops developed in collaboration with the Mitigation of Climate Change in Agriculture (MICCA) Programme is also available for your feedback.
LEAP public review deadlines
- LEAP Draft technical documents: July 31st 2015 September 15th
- LEAP Draft database: July 31st 2015 September 30th
Have your say in the LEAP Partnership!
LEAP Version 1 environmental assessment guidelines on feed, poultry, and small ruminant supply chains are available.
They were developed by many leading experts from all continents, reviewed by a pool of external experts first, and made available for public peer review in 2014. The revised guidelines were recently made available online and announced during the second plenary meeting of the LEAP Partnership.(+)
FAO AGA news article: ‘You can manage what you can measure’
About LEAP, its deliverables and 2015 public review: