Registration is now open for the Global Learning in Agriculture Conference!
Request for Proposal (Posters & Papers):
Learning Locally: Growing Globally
Are you interested in “globalizing” your agriculturally-focused instruction? The Global Learning Conference in Agriculture is designed to help you create global learning opportunities for students in any agricultural discipline at any level of education. Visit our conference website for more information:
This is not just another dull webinar! For a registration fee of only $30, you will receive:
- One of only a limited number of spots in this year’s Global Learning in Agriculture conference on January 8, 2016 [Note: To ensure the best experience, we are limiting capacity]
- Access to a LIVE KEYNOTE, entitled, “Curating Partnerships in Developing Global Competence: The task of 21st Century K-20 Educators” delivered by Dr. Caitlin Haugen, an Education Program Specialist with the Peace Corps AND immediate access to archived recording for future instructional use.
- Caitlin Haugen is an international educator passionate about developing global competence in K-16 learners and beyond. Currently, she leads the World Wise Schools programs at the Peace Corps. Previously she worked for the University of Maryland, and the nonprofit organization Global Teacher Education. She has worked as a classroom teacher, a teacher trainer in the Peace Corps in Uganda and Thailand, and a professor. She holds a Bachelor’s in Elementary Education from Drake University, a Master’s degree from the International Training and Education Program (ITEP) at American University, and a PhD in International Education Policy from the University of Maryland.
- Opportunity to attend two of four breakout sessions with presentations on best practices of globalizing curriculum on campus in you schools and best practices for conducting immersion experiences.
- Access to a virtual vendor fair in which you can collaborate with businesses and programs that are interested in helping you achieve your program or individual growth goals.
- Engage at your convenience in an asynchronous poster sessions that will open one week prior to the conference and stay open after the conference.
- Access to the “After Party with Peace Corps”; Opportunity for specific in-depth conversations about the opportunities for agriculture and agricultural educators in the Peace Corps mission and programming.
- Win fabulous door prizes, before, after and during the event!
- Finally, register before December 1st to receive an exclusive “Conference in a Box” with critical materials (and wickedly awesome cool stuff) for you have an enjoyable conference experience.
Do not assume that this will be another boring online event! We have partnered with the Teaching and Learning with Technology Unit (TLT) at Penn State University to ensure the highest quality experience that reflects our core values of productive professional development for an interactive, participatory meaningful experience.
We look forward to seeing you there!